Sunday, May 16, 2010

Green, Green Mountains


It's hard to believe it's been since Feb. that I posted something on the blog. This year has been busy, busy so far here at the hostel and now it's time to settle into the lushness and bounty of summer.

I'm nearly finished with the little kitchen garden off the back deck and have a new little companion that helps me do everything around the hostel. Her name is Clover and I rescued her May 10th from death row at the Seneca, SC shelter. She exhibits the admiral qualities of loyalty and undying devotion.
In retrospect, I should have considered naming her Hanuman! Hanuman, the Hindu deity, is an ardent devotee of Rama. She's so appreciative of me for rescuing her and has so much to teach me about unconditional love. It's that depth of love she imbibes. All the guest who have met her adore her!

I've completed a wonderful semester of teaching in the veterinary technology and P.E. depts. at AB Tech Community College. My yoga classes at the college this semester have been some of the best yet. The quality of students that are attending the classes are incredible and they teach me as much as I teach them. It was a bitter sweet departure knowing many of them are moving forward in their lives and careers and I won't have the pleasure of seeing them in classes any longer. What an honor for them to have yoga to select from as a PE credit at a community college!

The hostel is kicking strong this summer with guest staying for the myriad of workshops in the Asheville area. I currently have space for Asheville Yoga Center's 23 day intensives in June and July. Email or call me for individual weekend workshops. Some weekends are at full capacity while others have one room available.

I look forward to meeting new friends and seeing former guest return.

Blessings for a healthful summer!
Donna

No comments: